SmartBug Media, a leading digital and content marketing agency, is seeking a freelance copy editor to edit short-form and long-form content, such as blogs, emails, and e-books. We want someone who consistently delivers near-flawless copy edits. Our editors need to able to spot the teeniest of errors while keeping an eye on the big picture—logic, flow, repetition, etc.
Only candidates in the U.S. and Canada will be considered.
- Deliver near-flawless edited copy in the form of blogs, e-books, and case studies
- Manage own workload to deliver edited copy for clients in a variety of industries (health care, senior living, technology, SaaS, etc.)
- Edit for both Chicago and AP styles, as needed
- 2+ years of copy editing experience
- AA in English, Journalism, or equivalent work experience
- A meticulous approach to grammar, spelling, and providing the highest-quality, cleanest, most concise copy possible
- A sharp eye for detail and the ability to work well under pressure
- An uncompromising approach to hitting deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage your own workload
About SmartBug Media
SmartBug Media is a fast-growing and nationally recognized inbound marketing agency. We’ve built our name and client base by delivering game-changing marketing campaigns that increase traffic, leads, customers, and brand value. That’s why we are recommended by some of the biggest names in inbound marketing and maintain a client roster that’s growing by the day.
We are a 32-person virtual company that believes you shouldn’t have to compromise work/life balance in order to deliver great work, and we believe that you can do this from anywhere.