SmartBug Media, a leading digital and content marketing agency, is seeking a remote freelance UX Designer to join its 28-person strong team of talented and passionate marketers. You will lead research, strategy and wire design for strategic web redesigns. Based on your work, the position will have the opportunity of full-time when the initial redesign is completed.
In this role, you will report to the Creative Director and work closely with her, the project manager and developers. This is a client-facing role where you will be leading research in the form of client and customer interviews, persona development, buyer’s journey creation and usability testing.
We’re looking for a passionate, detail-oriented UX Designer who will be a team player deliver high-quality work. If you are looking for a challenge where you can do great work with a collaborative team, this opportunity is for you.
We’re building a different kind of agency—one that lets you do great work without the sweatshop grind many agencies are known for. We believe people can deliver great results, have a great time with people you respect, and still embrace the things that matter in life. And we do it all remotely.
- Lead research and strategy for web redesign
- Attend client and internal meetings
- Work collaboratively with the CD and project manager
- Conduct client and customer interviews
- Create personas and buyer’s journey
- Perform content audit with subsequent sitemap recommendation
- Deliver clear design strategy
- Design clean, strong wireframes or prototypes
- Validate designs through usability testing
- 2-4 years of UX design experience with documented examples of working on large projects
- Ability to simplify and distill complex ideas into intuitive experiences
- Ability to present cohesive design approaches to internal and external teams
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload to adhere to project timelines
- Strong design chops with the portfolio to prove it
- Proficient in Axure, Sketch, Invision, Adobe Suite or comparable tools.
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-centered interaction, related field or relevant work experience
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to deliver high-quality work, on deadline
- Not afraid to speak up and contribute to make a project better
- Values, ethics and integrity
- Exacting attention to detail
- Fun to work with